Mother's Day is the perfect occasion to celebrate the special women in our lives who have played a maternal role. Whether it's our own mothers or grandmothers, they hold a special place in our hearts, and nothing says "I love you" like a homemade meal. This Mother's Day, show your appreciation with a sentimental and delicious recipe that's sure to make your mother or grandmother feel cherished and loved.
In this recipe, @mizzerybell created a gourmet twist on classic garlic bread for her mother. This steak-topped garlic bread takes your basic recipe to the next level with caramelized onions, gooey cheese, and tender steak. Not only is it a delicious meal, but it's also a special way to show your loved ones how much they mean to you.
Here's what you'll need to make this delicious and sentimental recipe:
- French Cuffs Seasoning
- Sergio's Seasoning
- 1 French loaf
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4-6 cloves of minced garlic
- Worcestershire sauce
- All-purpose flour
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella and gruyere cheese
- Steak cut of choice
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium-high heat and add a little bit of cooking oil.
- Add in the thinly sliced onions, butter, and minced garlic. Sauté until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in 2 generous pinches of French Cuffs Seasoning, a little bit of salt, and a sprinkle of all-purpose flour. Stir well to combine.
- Add a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce to the mixture and stir.
- Slice your French loaf in half lengthwise and place both halves face up on a baking sheet.
- Pack the sautéed onions onto the bread, making sure to spread them evenly across the surface.
- Add the shredded mozzarella and gruyere cheese on top of the onions.
- Bake the bread in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- While the bread is baking, season your steak cut of choice liberally with Sergio's Seasoning.
- Heat a pan on medium to low heat and sear the steak until it reaches your desired internal temperature. Allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Once the bread is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the steak and place it on top of the baked loaf.
- Serve and enjoy with your mother or grandmother, and reminisce about all the wonderful memories you've shared together.
This recipe is the perfect sentimental and delicious meal to celebrate Mother's Day. It's a gourmet twist on classic garlic bread that will show your mother or grandmother just how much they mean to you. Share this recipe with the special women in your life and enjoy a cozy and sentimental meal together.
Image Source: Amirali Mirhashemian