The holidays are fast approaching, and we’ve got some delicious ideas for elevating this year’s festivities. Take your gatherings to the next level by bringing our house-made butters and seasonings to the table.
We’ve taken this Garlic Butter Brussels Sprouts recipe inspired by the Joy of Cooking and given it the Golden Steer touch, swapping the traditional butter and seasonings for our new Prime Butter and infamous Sergio’s Seasoning. The result is a mouth-watering side dish bursting with flavor that will have even the Brussels Sprouts skeptics wanting more.
Here’s what you’ll need to wow the guests at this year’s holiday gathering:
- 15 Brussels Sprouts, halved lengthwise (fresh recommended)
- 2 tablespoons Butter of your choice (we used Prime Butter)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sergio’s Seasoning (to taste)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Melt 1 ½ tablespoons of butter and olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until butter is foamy.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add sprouts cut side down; cover.
- Cook without stirring for 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- The cut side of the sprouts should get nice and browned, with a nutty, buttery flavor enhanced by the butter.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan and Sergio’s Seasoning to taste.
- Add the remaining dollop of butter before serving, allowing it to melt into the dish and enjoy!
Photo credit: Shameel Mukkath