If you're lucky enough to have leftover steak from your epic feast and need some inspiration, this recipe is for you! Why not kick off the morning with a round of delicious, hearty steak breakfast tacos and experience the taste of Vegas in a whole new way?
This recipe is low on effort but high on flavor, and is a great option to ensure your leftovers don't go to waste. You can take any cut of steak and elevate it with Sergio's Seasoning, fresh avocado, cotija cheese, and an egg with the sunny side up.
Here's how to make your next power breakfast or brunch:
- Leftover steak
- Flour tortillas
- Fresh avocado, sliced
- Sergio's Seasoning (to taste)
- Cotija cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Slice the leftover steak into strips and sprinkle with Sergio's Seasoning.
- Warm in a skillet, then set aside. Be sure not to overcook to avoid drying out the steak.
- In the same skillet, warm the tortillas on each side. Set aside and cover with a plate or use a tortilla warmer to keep warm.
- Cook the eggs for 5 to 6 minutes until the whites are set (over easy).
- Once the eggs are done, layer the steak over the tortillas and top each one with with avocado, a sunny-side-up egg, cotija cheese, and cilantro.
- Voila! Enjoy it immediately while still hot.
Photo credit: Nadin Sh