At Golden Steer Steak Company, every box of USDA Prime steaks is shipped with our house-made finishing trio. Maitre d' Butter, Au Jus, and Sergio's Seasoning, a fabulous combination to our steaks. But if you're interested in trying something different, we've got just the recipe for you.
Mariana, our graphic designer, grew up in an Argentinean-American household and ate steak frequently while growing up. Today, she's going to show you how to prepare The Sammy, our USDA Prime 16oz New York Strips, accompanied by her father's homemade chimichurri recipe.
- 2 Tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 2 Tbsp of oregano
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 Tbsp of red wine vinegar
- Sergio's Seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Mix your chimichurri ingredients in a bowl. If the mixture is too liquidy, add additional herbs.
- Take your steaks out of the fridge and remove from packaging.
- Pat dry and let them reach room temperature.
- Season the top side of your steak with Sergio's Seasoning.
- Oil an oven-safe pan on the stove and let it heat until the pan is white hot.
- Once your pan is hot, lay your steak on the pan seasoned-side down, away from you.
- Season the other side and let it sear for 4 minutes. Flip and transfer to the oven.
- Let your steak cook until desired doneness. For medium-rare, that is 7.5 minutes or until 130°F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for five minutes.
- After your steaks have rested, carve and serve with a drizzle of chimichurri on each slice.
- Pour a glass of red wine and turn on Golden Steer's Spotify playlist for additional enjoyment.